Nursing Instructor - Multiple positions
The primary purpose of the Nursing Instructor is to provide quality instruction to students at Hopkinsville Community College.
- Effectively teach didactic and clinical nursing courses for the nursing division as assigned by the college (assignments may be at any campus site).
- Develop and implement web enhanced and/or on-line nursing courses.
- Provide for and be actively involved in on-going evaluations, development, and enhancement of nursing offerings.
- Actively utilize instructional and discipline research data to employ methods for continuous improvement in instructional and institutional effectiveness.
- Actively utilize technology as a learning tool and actively evaluate instructional tools for effective learning.
- Participate in academic and student enhancement activities, including student advising.
- Maintain and improve, through professional development, competence in discipline knowledge and instructional techniques.
- Participate in internal and external service activities (college committees, system committees, community relations).
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Nursing faculty shall hold a degree from an accredited college or university, and be employed with a baccalaureate degree in nursing, and may be required to complete a master's degree within 5 years, depending on assignment.
- RN license to practice in Kentucky, with a minimum of two years experience as a registered nurse within the past five years.
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks
as a condition of employment. Initial review of applicants will begin on March 17, 2021.
Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.
Open Date: 2/16/2021
Review Begins: 03/17/2021, Open until Filled
KCTCS is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. We actively encourage applications and/or nominations of persons of color, women, veterans, persons with disabilities and other individuals.
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.