Student Affairs Specialist - Admissions
Open Date: 12/11/20
Close Date: 01/03/21
KCTCS is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. We actively encourage applications and/or nominations of persons of color, women, veterans, persons with disabilities and other individuals.
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
The primary purpose of the full time Student Affairs Specialist - Admissions is to perform a wide variety of student affairs functions with primary duties related to dual credit, recruitment, and general advising. Supports other departments in student services and business affairs.
- Perform all aspects of dual credit, partnering with the local high school counselors. Conducts recruitment, retention, advising, data entry and maintenance of records, transfer to HCC, etc. Works closely with business office to audit student accounts.
- Provides general admissions support by serving walk-in students, data entry relating to admissions, workshop participation or planning.
- Assist with special events and programs and supports other Student Services teams (Student Records, Advising, registration, etc.)
- Provides oversight and partners with other employees for the Kentucky Work Ready Scholarship program.
- Serves on KCTCS System Dual Credit Team.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or Chief Student Affairs Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree and one-year related work experience, or equivalent.
- Excellent customer service skills/soft-skills, attention to detail, use of technology and communication skills.
- Professional, outgoing personality, and familiar with general student services functions.
- Ability to multi-task in an open office environment and respond to issues and concerns that affect the department, along with other college departments.
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
Review of applicants will begin on January 4, 2021.
Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview.
To apply, visit https://hopkinsville.kctcs.edu/faculty-staff/index.aspx
For questions regarding the above position, contact us by emailing email@example.com