Christian County Chamber of Commerce Administration Assistant
The chamber is looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks supporting the staff, chamber members and the Christian County Community.
Overview: This is a full-time front-line role engaging with the chamber and economic development staffs, the membership base and the public performing a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
Reports to: This position reports directly to President/CEO, Christian County Chamber of Commerce with additional oversight by the Vice President and Department Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
The administrative assistant shall:
- Field and direct phone calls and inquiries to the appropriate department.
- Assist all members of the Christian County Chamber and Southwest Economic Development staffs with miscellaneous clerical and administrative duties as needed.
- Specifically assist the Director of Military Affairs in coordinating the committee meetings and taking notes.
- Assist when needed in preparing for other committee meetings.
- Assist in developing the chamber newsletter.
- Update and maintain accurate information on the chamber members in the software database.
- Oversee general housekeeping in work area as well as conference room areas before and after meetings.
- Assist Director of VP of Events & Marketing and staff with Chamber events and activities.
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned by the Chamber President/CEO.
- The job at times require some lifting and ability to walk up and down steps.
The Administrative Assistant will have extensive contact with business representatives and the public. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools like Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and Publisher and have the ability to learn and use various Chamber specific databases. Previous experience as a secretary, receptionist, or administrative assistant is preferred and familiarity with the chamber organization is beneficial.
A preferred candidate enjoys collaborating with others and works to find solutions to move forward. The job is generally 8 to 5 Monday through Friday though the candidate must be flexible with occasional work in early mornings, evenings and weekends depending on chamber events and activities. Candidate must have a valid driver’s license, provide own transportation, submit to a background check and pass any required drug test.
Compensation / Benefits: This is a full-time position with an hourly wage based on experience in the range of $9.00 to $15.00. Benefits include vacation, select holidays, personal days and sick days. A health plan and a simple IRA retirement plan are available.
If you want to join a friendly, passionate team and an opportunity to make our community an even better place to live, work, learn play and visit, we’d love to meet you! It’s an opportunity to make an impact on uniting businesses and advancing Christian County economically.
To apply for this position, send cover letter and resume to Rachel Spurlin, Director of Operation, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The chamber is a partnership of businesses and professionals along with public/civic leaders who work together as a resource, advocate, and network for businesses. The value and benefits of the partnership working together are to build a healthy economy with the determination of improving the quality of life for everyone.”