Department Assistant - Part Time (Nursing Department)
This primary purpose of the part time Department Assistant is to provide administrative and clerical support to the faculty and staff in the Nursing Division. To provide information to the public and students by informing of program requirements, inform applicants of application requirement status, and of programs offered at Hopkinsville Community College.
- Provide administrative support and organization for the Nursing Division.
- Assist prospective students and current students with questions regarding program content/requirements via in person, on the phone, and through email.
- Maintain an Access Kentucky Medicaid Nurse Aid (NAA) database. Enters and retrieves data and writes queries for NAA reports
- Manage and organizes student and agency files, correspondence, and records including by not limited to: Abuse Registry, background checks, drug screens, and immunizations.
- Assist faculty in performance of their duties. (i.e. NAA testing, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by division chair.
- High school diploma and 2 years related work experience, or equivalent Associate degree.
- Complete and thorough knowledge of Microsoft computer software packages, communication, organizational, critical thinking skills.
- Ability to multi-task in an open office environment and respond to issues and concerns that affect the department.
- Discretion in handling confidential materials related to the department.
- Pleasant personality being able to meet the public with proper professional phone and personal etiquette.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, self-starter and one who can accomplish tasks with little supervisory direction in a very busy environment.
as a condition of employment.
KCTCS is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. We actively encourage applications and/or nominations of persons of color, women, veterans, persons with disabilities and other individuals.
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.